Re: How to get mails out of the BTS?

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Santiago Vila wrote:
> > Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > is there a better way to get mails out of the BTS than cut&paste? This
> > > would be especially useful for mails with binary attachments.
> >
> > Yes, you can send the mail server (request@bugs.debian.org) a message
> > like this:
> >
> > send-detail <bugnumber>
> > stop
>
> Unfortunately, attachments are not sent as attachments but as seen on the
> website. How can I convert an attachment to the original file?

Good question. Some time ago I wrote a script to split the "boring
messages" into individual messages. Usage is:

undigestify.boring report > mbox

Then you can use any mail reader to read the `mbox' folder and save
the attachement. The script is some kind of "state machine", it's
really simple and far from being complete, but it mostly works for me.
I've made it available as

http://master.debian.org/~sanvila/undigestify.boring

in case you want to try it.