Re: Debian package && New developer question

Fredrik Steen <fredrik.steen@vegasys.net> wrote:
>I spent a couple of days reading the docs and checked how other people
>do. Now I think I got a valid package with all important files
>ofcourse I can't be 100% sure but I have checked it many times and
>tried to install it to many diffrent boxes (colleuges). I have
>uploaded the packages and other files to:
>http://www.stone.nu/debian/dl/

Well, I can't do 'dpkg-source -x mp3html_1.3.8-1.dsc', so something is
wrong (are you building the source archives yourself rather than letting
dpkg-buildpackage or debuild do it for you?); also, the .orig.tar.gz
should contain files in the directory mp3html-1.3.8/ rather than
mp3html-1.3.8.orig/, and debian/rules should probably be executable.
Other than that the package seems to be fine now (the binary package
certainly looks OK).