Re: gpg/pgp confusion

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 10:48:45PM -0500, Rich Sahlender wrote:
> Okay, I'm dense tonight...
>
> I finally got around to installing gpg. Per the readme in
> /usr/doc/debian-keyring I also installed gpg-rsaref and gpg-idea
> in order to sign my new gpg key with my old pgp key. I was
> about to send the new gpg key to keyring-maint@d.o and the public
> servers when I realize that signing my new gpg key with my old
> pgp key does not add the sigs from the old to the new...
>
> What am I missing?

You're not missing anything.  The people who signed your old key did not
sign your new key, so their signatures should not be transferred.  Your
new key will still be accepted to the keyring, since it is signed by the
key of a debian developer (your old key).

-Ben
--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel@unity.ncsu.edu
http://thoughtstream.org