Re: getting a python module accepted by python?

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 09:38:27AM -0600, Rob Tillotson wrote:

> You should be putting soaplib.py directly into site-packages, instead
> of in a directory.

<explanation snipped>

Thanks Rob, I was not aware of this.  I put soaplib in its own dir to avoid
the million files in one directory problem we see elsewhere.

Is there a way to make a site-packages/foo/foo.py without requiring a change
in programs calling foo?

Also, sorry to get off topic, but should the postinst compile the module?
Won't this happen the first time the module is imported?