Re: Old bug

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 12:49:53AM -0800, larocha@wanadoo.es wrote:
> I've adopting xmorph and I've found a very old bug open. The bug is more
> than 2 years old. Somebody couldn't load .tga files from gimp in xmorph.
> I couldn't reproduce the error with gimp in stable and last version of
> xmorph.
>
>    - What to do with this bug?

You should close the bug saying that you can no longer reproduce it, asking
the submitter to inform you if he can still reproduce it.

>    - What to do with all those very old bugs in BTS? I think many many of
>      them are only doing noise.

They should be checked if they still exist and dealt with appropriately, on
a case-by-case basis.

The list of all bugs that are over two years old is at:
	http://master.debian.org/~ajt/oldbugs.html

>    - What can I do in my current status of applicant in the new maintainer
>      queue?

You can formally adopt the package with a sponsored upload, the page for
sponsorships is at:
	http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/