Old bug

Hello guys:

I've adopting xmorph and I've found a very old bug open.

The bug is more than 2 years old. Somebody couldn't load
.tga files from gimp in xmorph.

Of course gimp & xmorph had changed versions after this
bug arrived.

I couldn't reproduce the error with gimp in stable and last version
of xmorph.

Now the questions:
   - What to do with this bug?
   - What to do with all those very old bugs in BTS? I
     think many many of them are only doing noise.
   - What can I do in my current status of applicant in the
     new maintainer queue?

TIA
--
Luis Arocha "Data"