Re: Multiple Binary-Package - exclude one binary for an architecture

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 03:25:54PM +0100, Cord Beermann wrote:
> Hi.
ciao

> I've build a package which includes two binaries (jove, an editor with
> a X-Frontend). Now i've found out that i can't build the X-Frontend on
> the Hurd yet (missing xview-dev).
>
> How can i produce a source-package, that simply builds only the
> editor on the hurd, and builds both packages on the other
> architectures?

in debian/control you have to put in "Architecture" field all the archs
but hurd for the package that will not compile unde hurd.

> It would be enough if someone could point me to a package which does
> this.

i'll point to the relevant page of the packaging manual, but feel free to
read it all :))

http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/packaging.html/ch-controlfields.html

> Thanks,
> 	Cord