Re: ITP: water -- A graphical water effect demo.

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:56:34PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> > Morever, a common attribute of demos, which exist mainly to entertain
> > and impress, is that they have striking names, and I think most people
> > would agree that `water' is far cooler that `water-demo'.
>
> Well d00d UR 2 k00l f0r me.
>
> Perhaps a more interesting question is `does this sort of program
> belong in Debian at all?'

I'd say that "everything that requires compilation in order to work on a
Debian system" belongs in Debian, because that's what packaging systems were
invented for. (Of course that doesn't mean that anything _not_ requiring
compilation should be banned from Debian; things like that would need some
further discussion. For example doc-linux-text vs. the entire Gutenberg
project ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer