2 questions on dpkg and 1 for m68k, thanks

Hi,

Sometime a ``dpkg -S /usr/bin/fffff'' fails to print out the package
which owns it. Could you please tell me why this may happen? i.e. what
is the possible reason(s) for it? Thanks!

Another question is, ``dpkg -S /usr/bin/fffff'' is notably slower than
``grep /usr/bin/fffff /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list'', could you tell me the
possible reason(s) for it, or are they really the same? Thanks again!

Third, (hehe), a little OT here, how could I verify a port specific bug
is fixed? (I have a m68k bug against older upstream version. I have no
access/experience/books on m68k. I hope to avoid work through Internet.
That is slow, and expensive to me. ;-)

BTW, I'm on vacation in another city but random email access is up now.

--
Zhao Wei <zw@debian.org>