Getting New GPG key signed

Good Folk,

About four months ago, I created meself a brand spanking new GnuPG
key, to supplement/replace my old PGP key in the Debian Keyring.  I
dutifully signed the new key with my old one, and sumbitted it to
keyring-maint@debian.org.

Four months, three tries, and twelve other signatures later (I
attended one of 'em ceremonies), I have still to hear back from
anyone.

I have also tried to upload it automatically:
       $ gpg --keyserver keyring.debian.org --send-keys 0BEE6CFC

(that is my GPG ID in the end).

Did I follow the correct procedure?  Is this just taking awfully long?

Thanks for insights,
-tor