Re: creating man pages

Drew Parsons wrote:

> As for editing nroff source, that's what I meant with my first question.  Is
> there no editor for this sort of thing?  For handling all the fiddly things
> like section breaks and bold text, etc, so I don't have to learn nroff itself.

If you use dh_make, the manpage example it provides is pretty
good.  You can "man ./manpage.1.ex" as you make changes to see
how they look.  And the help2man package also provides a good
starting point if the program you are documenting knows about
--help and --version.

"man 7 man" is helpful.  It describes the macros and it's easy
to miss.

Rick