Re: Internal compiler error

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 01:15:35AM +0500, James Leigh wrote:
> Can anybody tell me why I get this error so _much_ when I am compiling a
> kernel?

Are you overclocking your CPU? This problem is probably caused by memory
corruption, which sometimes happens when you overclock your CPU too much.
Or it might just be some faulty RAM on your system.

[snip]
> another.  Some of then take over fifty times running make bzImage before
> the process moves on.
>
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
>
> By running the command that it barfed on, some times it too returns the
> same error, other times it successed.
[snip]

This unpredictableness shows that it's very likely to be a problem with
faulty RAM or with an overly overclocked CPU.

Fact is stranger than fiction.