Re: Having problems with my (newly created) debian package

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Jeremy Higgs wrote:
> The deb package seems to be fixed in terms of the firewall init.d
> script and it's removal and install behaviour, but I can't seem to
> get file permissions working!

dh_fixperms changes them. You should force the non-standard permissions you
need after dh_fixperms and before dh_suidregister.

Also, be *careful* with dh_suidregister. It is a major spot of trouble if
you change your permissions later in such a way that a call to
suidunregister is not made anymore where it was made in the past (by
dh_suidregister). This leaves dangerous cruft behind in a system after a
package upgrade, and will break your permission changes the next time
cron.daily runs suidregister in that system.

I've had a security bugfix disabled by a left-over suidregister entry,
already in one of my packages. Tough way to learn.

  Henrique Holschuh