Re: E: scsiadd: unknown-control-file templates

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 08:19:31PM -0500, Dave Baker wrote:
> > I'm using debconf to postinst the scsiadd package and lintian complains
> > about the unknown templates file.  I've noticed that several other
> > packages also have this same lintian error if they use debconf.
> >
> > Is this a known issue with lintian or is there a setting I need to flip
> > somewhere to tell it that the file is legit?
>
> Lintian strictly follows Policy, and debconf hasn't been added to policy
> just yet. Ignore the errors, or add an override file for them (see the
> docs).

Hopefully the policy gets updated soon. I already send a bug report
with patch for lintian which fixes the templates/config file issue.

Bye
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis