Re: About changelog.Debian entries that's not quite Debian

In Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:47:05 -0800 Pete Lypkie <pete@linux-geek.net> cum veritate scripsit :

> > Looking at other packages, people seem to have a debian changelog that starts with
> > "initial upload", and I am not sure what I should do with my changelog entry,
> > that has entries before being uploaded to Debian.
> >
> > Anyone have any advice ?
>
> one of my packages also had a debian/changelog before being uploaded to woody.
>  I would suggest keeping the old changelog, and just making a note in the
> latest entry that mentions "new to woody" or "first upload to woody" or
> something like that.
>
> I don't think it really matters, except to give information to others.

One reason I asked this here is that many of the packages that have been
moved from Debian-JP project archive to the Debian project has been stripped
of its Debian changelog.

I wouldn't mind if it were done independently, but if has been in Debian-JP
project for so long a time, I would rather have the changelog.

This question probably applies to the kde packages (which have not
entered Debian until qt2.2) and Helix gnome packages iff any of them
enter Debian.

regards,
	junichi

--