Re: new X freezes computer

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 09:17:51AM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Drew Parsons wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 09:41:51PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > > When I try to start X (using either startx or xdm, I didn't try xinit), it
> > > starts loading, and then the computer freezes up utterly.
> > > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace doesn't shutdown X, Alt-Fn doesn't switch over to a
> > > console.  The computer is completely gone.
>
> I don't think this is the mailing list you want, this list is to help people
> make new Debian packages.

Yes, but I can't test the packages I'm responsible for until X is working
again.

> Try debian-user, or more specific to your problem (and probably lower bandwidth
> than -user) is debian-x.

I guess I can try debian-x.  It's just a hassle having to subscribe to 2
dozen different mailing lists just to answer one question, that's all.

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A