Re: new maintainer needing some fast help

> Hi!
>
> I'm a new maintainer, and I have some probably trivial questions. If you can say where can I find the information, that would be very nice.
>
> The first thing I'd like to ask is that what is the difference between an orphaned and an adoptable package ?
> (I'd like to adopt tama if possible). And how does this adoption work ?

Orphaned packages have no current maintainer, or are maintained
by the qa group, while adoptable packages have a maintainer who is willing
to hand the package off to someone else.  For adoptable packages, you can
usually just write the current maintainer and ask to take over.  I'm not
sure what the procedure is for orphaned packages.

Britton