Re: Depends field if I have number of internal libraries

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 01:32:16AM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> > > I have a source from that I build some library packages and binary one.
> > > Binary depends on all the libs I build. What should I put in Depends
> > > field for my binary?
> >
> > What?
>
> I have software.tar.gz and want to make packages libfoo<>.deb libbar<>.deb and
> binary<>.deb.  Binary depends on libfoo and libbar

Then run dh_shlibdeps with `-l debian/libfoo/usr/lib' option.

> > > For now I get number of messages like
> > > dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for  (libfoo-1.0.0.so.0)
> > > dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libfoo-1.0.0 (soname 0, path , dependency field Depends)
> > >
> > > And in Depends I have:
> > > Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, libfoo (= ${Source-Version}),...
> > >
> > > The question is: how do I close these warnings?
> >
> > Make a debian/libfoo.shlibs file,
>
> mmmm. And what to put in (and where to read about it?)?

In the Packaging Manual (it's in packaging-manual package).

> > or use `dh_makeshlibs' in your
>
> there is one

Well then there should be no the problem. Make sure you run dh_makeshlibs
before dh_installdeb. Try installing the lib* packages and then rebuilding
the source. If none of that is the culprit, put the source someplace where
others can reach it, so we can tell you more...

> > > And the last one how do I build -dbg packages also?
> >
> > Do you really need them?
>
> uhh... yes :(

Well, basically you need to rebuild the packages once again in the build
rule, this time with -g flag added, and then move those binaries somewhere
else, and make binary-arch rule generate the new .debs containing that.
Of course, an entry for the new package is necessary in debian/control.