Re: Depends field if I have number of internal libraries

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 01:08:19AM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> I have a source from that I build some library packages and binary one.
> Binary depends on all the libs I build. What should I put in Depends
> field for my binary?

What?

> For now I get number of messages like
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for  (libfoo-1.0.0.so.0)
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libfoo-1.0.0 (soname 0, path , dependency field Depends)
>
> And in Depends I have:
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, libfoo (= ${Source-Version}),...
>
> The question is: how do I close these warnings?

Make a debian/libfoo.shlibs file, or use `dh_makeshlibs' in your
debian/rules file, somewhere before dh_installdeb.

Also, they aren't internal libraries (as per subject) if you put them in
/usr/lib directory.

> The other problem. lintian says on all my libs packages:
>
> E: libfoo0: postinst-must-call-ldconfig usr/lib/libfoo-1.0.0.so.0.0.0
>
> where to fix?

Create debian/postinst containing something like:

#!/bin/sh -e

if [ "$1" = "configure"]; then
  ldconfig
fi

#DEBHELPER#

> And the last one how do I build -dbg packages also?

Do you really need them?