Re: help with my first packages

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Joergen Haegg wrote:
>
> The .orig tarballs should be as found on the original distribution site,
> so people can check the original signatures (also I know several people
> who build software on NetBSD and Solaris from the .orig.tar.gzs they find
> at debian.org).

Yes, I know, but the maintainer-manual said that I should change
the directory name, in this case I changed from Expect-1.08 to
libexpect-perl-1.08 and IO-Stty-.02 to libio-stty-perl-0.02.

That's what made dpkg-buildpackage complain. When I fixed that,
everything was fine.

So, what should I do?
If I don't change there will be problem building the package
and if I change the signature will be wrong.

Or did I misinterprate the manual, should I only change the name
on the tarball?