Re: Making a package with multiple binaries

On 20001023T101336+0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 03:20:23PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > In one package (malaga) I finally settled on taking advantage of VPATH:
> > I simply configured and built it in different directories for different
> > set of options.  I don't remember whether I had to patch upstream build
> > system, but if I did, the patch was small in any case.
> Very small? I found a 20k diff for 300k source, mostly configuire patches.

The Debian diff includes patches to generated files to avoid unnecessary
build-time dependencies to autoconf and friends.  The patch to the actual
source files was small, IIRC.

> But the main difference is, you are not using debhelper at all.

I don't see why the same ideas cannot be used with debhelper.  I do have
that much faith in Joey Hess :-)  However, I cannot tell you how to do it.