Re: Making a package with multiple binaries

On 20001021T205917+0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I have made a package with debhelper and dh_make, which produces a single
> binary deb. However, now I would like to make two binaries from the same
> packages, identical except for that each is built with different options
> to configure (one has support for the LPRng print spooler and one does
> not).

In one package (malaga) I finally settled on taking advantage of VPATH:
I simply configured and built it in different directories for different
set of options.  I don't remember whether I had to patch upstream build
system, but if I did, the patch was small in any case.

As for the building of separate packages without resorting to cut&paste
coding, you can take advantage of GNU Make's target-local variables
(see many of my packages for almost-relevant examples).