Re: Installed ld.so.preload-manager 0.3.2-2 (source i386)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 09:43:16PM +0200, Cosimo Alfarano wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:30:06PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> EHLO,
> I post this msg here from -devel for a nm dubt.
>
> > >  ld.so.preload-manager (0.3.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
> > >  .
> > >    * Closes:#70398
> > I've noticed sort of a trend here lately. Changelog entries are getting
> > more and more ambiguous. Can this stop please? Descriptions and specifics
> > in changelogs are never a bad thing. This sort of entry is of little use
> > and might as well be removed completely.
>
> from wnpp doc I read:
>
> ***
> Of course, the easiest way of closing bugs is to include the appropiate
> entry on the changelog and append '(Closes: bug#nnnnn)' to it. In this
> way, the bug will be closed at the time the new package gets installed
> into the archive.
> ***
>
> from it I can understand that changelog is parsed when installed on the
> archive.
>
> So what's the best way to write a changelog?
> In my opinion is to write somethins like:
>
> * Closes:#9999
>   A question on BTS parser
> * other changes ...
>
> does it works?
> What about the syntax? is it space|case sensitive?
> Closes: bug#9999
> Closes:#9999

The syntax isn't the problem. The problem is that the bugs are getting
closed with little or no description of what was done to rememdy them. For
reference, this is how I do mine:

  * debian/control: Added Build-Depends, closes: #22222, #4444, #77777