Re: Alternative lib dependencies

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 11:44:24AM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I'm new to this, so I need some advice...
>
> Or, more appropriately, *should* I even try to build two binary packages?
> The upstream author highly suggests libsndfile; he says libaudiofile works
> but he "won't code around its limitations". Should I just package it for
> libsndfile and forget about libaudiofile?

Just build it against libsndfile, if that is what upstream
suggests. You are the maintainer and it is your call. If some user
wants libaudiofile, they can always get your source package and remake
it against libaudiofile.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer