Re: upload with name of sponsored person?

Adrian Bunk wrote:

> There's another possibility that I do use together with my sponsor
> Tony Mancill:
>
> I build the package unsigned:
>
>   dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
>
> And my sponsor only signs the package using debsign (and doesn't rebuild
> it). There's still my name in the maintainer field of the changes file,
> but the package is accepted because it is signed by my sponsor.

Technically, that works.  In theory, one could argue that the
person who signs the package should be the one to compile to be
sure of what is being compiled (it's easier to inspect the .diff
file and makes sure it's not trying to delete a user's hard
drive for a drastic example).

But that's a matter of trust, which I'm not questioning wrt you
and your sponser.

Peter