Re: Documentation

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 11:07:29PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> Where does one draw the line about how much documentation should be
> included? I just finished the first version of my first package, I threw
> in everything. In debian/docs:
>
> ABOUT-NLS

This one is probably the generic file that gettext (or whatever) includes in
all internationalized programs. Don't include it.

> AUTHORS

What's the contents? If it's just one name, and you included it in the
copyright file, then it's not needed :)

> INSTALL

If it's generic, don't include it. If it explains only stuff about compiling
from source, don't include it either.

> NEWS

If it's like other NEWS files I've seen, this is fine. If there's no
upstream changelog, use this as it.

> README

Usually fine... depends on the contents sometimes.

> TODO

Ditto.

> I have a new copyright file in the debian/ directory, so as not to
> duplicate the GPL,

One never duplicates the GPL, just reference /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL,
like the Policy says.

> as well as a debian/TODO file.

Is this getting installed in the binary package?