Re: New key = New package?

Why not change the expire-date on your old key?

$ gpg --edit-key zeevon
[...]
Command> expire
Changing expiration time for the primary key.
Please specify how long the key should be valid.
         0 = key does not expire
      <n>  = key expires in n days
      <n>w = key expires in n weeks
      <n>m = key expires in n months
      <n>y = key expires in n years
Key is valid for? (0)

and choose your new expiration time.
Then export your key and give it to the keyring maintainers

IIRC what happens is that a special signature is added to
your key which informs of the new expiredate,
and since this packet is signed by you its effectively as
if you'd choosen another expireday to begin with.

/Stefan

--
Stefan