Re: Adopting a Package

>   So, I just created a new package.  Should I have merged the
> changelogs into one, and made the packages look similar?

Yes.  If the package name is the same, you should have.
The package should as cleanly as possible replace the old one.

History is important, even if it's just "new version upstream, new
maintainer, newly re-packaged.", and the rest of the changelog is
useless.  It's still history of the package, and someone might CHOOSE to
revert and stay with the older version given a major change like that.

apt-get upgrade will install your package, and the user has a right to be
able to read the changelog and the readmes and understand what happened.

Seth