Re: Why dpkg insists installing my local deb as non free?

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 12:40:46PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The section is set by the override file of the ftp admins that overrides
> the settings of the maintainer. The previous version of tkman was in
> non-free, and the section doesn't change automatically in the override
> file if you change it in the package. File a bug against ftp.debian.org
> and the ftp admins will change the setion.

Actually, if a version was uploaded and installed into the main archive,
the override file has already been edited (transition from non-free
to main requires manual processing).  Bugging us will not accomplish
anything in that situation.

with his ftpmaster hat on,