renaming source package -- problems?

hi all,

i hope you can give me advice (or a how-to)---

I want to rename one of my packages (wenglish) because it will soon
provide more than one binary package (wenglish and wbritish) and will
also provide 'new style' versions of those word lists
(words-english-american, words-english-british)...  so (if it's not
too troublesome) i want to use a new name for the source package.

since it will still produce a 'wenglish' binary package, i assume
upgrades won't be a problem, but what about the old sources?  how do i
get rid of them when i upload the new source package with its new
name?

and will i cause other confusion? (bug tracking system is relatively
clean, so I'm not worried there).

any advice?
thanks.