RE: [nm-admin] Re: Warning: Me, too! (was Re: NM : Dale Scheetz

On 28-Jun-2000 Jean-Marc Bourdaret wrote:
> Jim Westveer wrote:
<snip,snip,snip>

> One last question about NM: what happens with sponsored people ? i have
> already a package in woody, and exchanged ID and GPG keys with the
> sponsor. does it helps ?

Does it help?  If the idea of debian-mentors is to assist
possible new maintainers create packages, and get help from
other Debian maintainers...me thinks so.

Does it help the application process?  Yep, those who have
received help in creating packages, and actually have those
packages already accepted in the distribution, and have had
help in dealing with keys and keysignings, now will certainly
be better contributors to the Debian project.

Does it mean that your application will be processed more
smoothly, and with fewer problems/questions...yes

Remember that you are what you make of yourself, no list
or membership does anything to improve youself. You do.

Did it help?

--
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with nm.d.o.