Re: Warning: Me, too! (was Re: NM : Dale Scheetz : is NM working

On 28-Jun-2000 Jean-Marc Bourdaret wrote:
> Bolan Meek wrote:
>> Julien BLACHE wrote:
>> > Jean-Marc Bourdaret <casi@ifrance.com> a écrit:
><
>> >
>> > Yes, a huge amount of people applying to become Debian maintainers...

>> > I've applied 4 months ago, I've had no reply yet, so be patient.
>>
>> Last week, I resubmitted my application, with return receipt requested,
<snip> ...

Yes the New Maintainer process is alive and well.

We started processing applicants, and are now working furiously
to go through the mail archives to get each and every application
into the nm.debian.org database.

We have and will be processing the oldest applications first, and we
are currently working on the applicants from last August and September
(1999).  SSSSOOOOOoooo  .   If you JUST sent in your application, please
be patient as we catch up.

We are hoping to get all of the applicants into the db over the next
few weeks or so.  This is a large task, and we will be sending out
notes to the applicants as soon as possible.

There are currently 25+ voulenteers working as Application Managers (AM's)
working the applications, and as we get used to the processes that
have been set into place, things will hopefully go more quickly.

Again, please be patient.  This is a big task.

Thanks,

--
Jim Westveer <jwest@debian.org>
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with sendmail.cf.