Re: New package

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 05:17:12PM +0200, peter karlsson wrote:
> Newbie question; I am a new developer, and are about to take over the
> packages I have previously had sponsored in to Debian. However, I also want
> to add new packages, and I'm a bit uncertain about what to do about that;
> should I just upload the new package (I've already packaged it for "internal
> use" so I could use it on several machines), or do I need to tell someone
> before I do that?

If you read the developers documentation, you will see that you need to
send and ITP (Intent To Package) to the debian-devel mailing list. This
makes sure that no one else is working on the same thing. It also gives
other developers a chance to comment on the package and possibly correct
some things before you upload it.

Ben