Re: Linux Beginner

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Jay Kelly wrote:

> I am currently running Windows 2000 as my file server with three clients
> running Windows 98. Can I replace the Windows 2000 server with Linux and
> still have the Windows 98 clients log into the Linux server just as before?
> Any help would be appreciated....

Jay,

you should spend some time researching "Samba" as a network server.
<http://www.samba.org>  There are also some good books on Samba out there.
BTW, the debian-mentors list is for new Debian maintainers who have
questions about developing for Debian.  You should send further questions
to debian-user@lists.debian.org.

Hope that helps,
tony

  tony@mancill.com         |   There is unrest in the forest
http://www.debian.org      |   There is trouble with the trees
                           |   For the Maples want more sunlight
                 (Peart ->)|   And the Oaks ignore their pleas