Section: unknown

Hi,
I have a weird problem with a package I just uploaded to unstable:

cts@skeeve:~/debian/package/bumprace>dpkg --info bumprace_1.2-2_i386.deb
[...]
 Package: bumprace
 Version: 1.2-2
 Section: games
          ^^^^^
 Architecture: i386
[...]
cts@skeeve:~/debian/package/bumprace>sudo dpkg -i bumprace_1.2-2_i386.deb
(Reading database ... 67652 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace bumprace 1.2-2 (using bumprace_1.2-2_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement bumprace ...
Setting up bumprace (1.2-2) ...

cts@skeeve:~/debian/package/bumprace>dpkg -s bumprace
Package: bumprace
Section: unknown
         ^^^^^^^

Why does the deb (and the control file) say Section: games and dpkg (and
dselect) say Section: unknown?
I thought I made a typo, put some invisible chars in this line, but I copied
it (with cut'n'paste with the mouse or with xemacs), I typed it anew, I
copied the control file from anther package and only changed the package and
source lines, no matter what I do, dpkg insist on Section: unknown.

When I rebuild another package for Section: games, it has Section: games
also after I installed it...

Whats wrong? It must be an obvious mistake I am not seeing or a bad bug.

ii  dpkg           1.6.11         Package maintenance system for Debian

Christian