Re: shlib dependencies

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 04:43:06PM -0500, Ben Darnell wrote:
> No, that's not the problem:
> % cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/mesag3-glide2.shlibs
> libGL   1  libgl1
> libGLU  1  libgl1
>
> The package is correctly depending on libgl1 instead of mesag3-glide2.
> The problem is that linking against the mesag3-glide2 version of
> libGL.so.1 pulls in libvga.so.1, which causes the package to depend on
> svgalibg1.  This is the behavior that I want to override.

There is currently no convenient way to do that because of how
dpkg-shlibdeps calculates dependencies.  For now just use the svgalib
dummy package and wait for woody.  (Wichert says woody's dpkg will fix
this problem..)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Debian Linux developer
http://tank.debian.net   GnuPG key  pub 1024D/DCF9DAB3  sub 2048g/3F9C2A43

<Iambe> you are not a nutcase
<Knghtbrd> You obviously don't know me well enough yet.  =>