Re: Build-Depends?

Moin,
On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 04:33:43PM +0100, Michael Vogt wrote:
> Dear Debian-Mentors
>
> I wonder, why my "Build-Depends:" Field is ignored by dpkg-source and
> dpkg-buildpackage ? I added the "Build-Depends" to my debian/control like
> this:
> -------------------------------8<-----------------------------------
> Source: bsd-ftpd
> Section: net
> Maintainer: Michael Vogt <mvogt@acm.org>
> Standards-Version: 3.1.1
> Build-Depends: libwrap0-dev
[...]
> If I build the package without libwrap0-dev, dpkg-buildpackage
> does not complain. But the build fails (of cource).
>
> Did I something wrong ?
looks fine. dpkg-source and -buildpackage know nothing about build-depends,
this is just (AFAIU) a helper field for porters.
You have to use a Build-Depends aware tool for building pacakges, like
sbuild. sbuild checks for build-depends and (de)-installs packages with apt
as needed. Seems I have to send my Build-Depends mail again... there was a
little discusion on -devel, Roman explained how to check out sbuild.

Christian