Re: Build-Depends?

> I wonder, why my "Build-Depends:" Field is ignored by dpkg-source and
> dpkg-buildpackage ?

dpkg-source does not ignore it; the field is copied to the .dsc
when building the source package.  BTW, it's not dpkg-source's
job to verify that Build-Depends are satisfied, as it's a /build/,
not /unpack/ depends.

dpkg-buildpackage ignores the field because it does not yet
support it.  I heard rumours that sbuild code for handling
Build-Depends might be merged in dpkg-buildpackage, but don't
know what has happened about it.

> Did I something wrong ?

No.  sbuild (used by the build daemons) is the only build tool
that heeds Build-Depends currently.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
http://www.iki.fi/gaia/