Re: Hopeful new packager needs help.

On Tuesday 6 July 1999, at 10 h 20, the keyboard of "Person, Roderick"
<personrp@ccbh.com> wrote:

> debian/rules it exists with an error 1, which I'm not quite sure what that
> means.

Do not expect help without the actual error messages and the involved
debian/rules.

> The first package I am attempting to package is a binary source and
> has no make file

=> non-free

> as I keep reading is needed (this could be where I'm lost).
> Can you package binaries?

Yes. But it can be more complicated. It's probably better to train yourself
with a nice package, which has a good Makefile (or, better, a configure
script).