Re: No diff created when buidlng mountapp!

On Mon, May 10, 1999 at 02:40:44PM +0200, Olaf Stetzer wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> just another question came up on my second package mountapp.
> Last week I uploaded version -2 of it and afterward recognised,
> that instead of building the i386 binary and creating the .diff
> it created another source.tar.gz with version -2. I used
> the command build to do that whis was probably wrong?
> Everything else wase made correctly, so for future
> versions: What did I wrong and, if I create a .diff
> in the next version does dpkg know on which of the source-packages
> this should be applied.

  Hi Olaf,

  You forgot to put the source.orig.tar.gz in directory ..
  If the original tarball is there only the diff is created and on -1 the
  orig.tar.gz has to be uploaded as well. All other Debian versions only need
  the diff.

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------