Re: Packages with symlinks and CVS

>> "JG" == Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:

JG> contains lots of symlinks.  I usually use the CVS suite to do my
JG> packaging, but by default, CVS does not handle symlinks.

But it can be configured to creat them on export and checkout

Here is what I do for wxftp.

I have a executable script CVSROOT/wxftp

#!/bin/sh
set -e
echo >&2 `pwd`
(cd $1/help; test -f index.html || ln -s wxftp.html index.html; )

This will link index.html to wxftp.html in the help subdirectory.

Now you also have to tell cvs to use this script.

In CVSROOT/modules, I define the wxftp module as

wxftp   -e $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/wxftp -o $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/wxftp  debian/wxftp

Violà.

HTH,
	Martin