Re: Package-relation-with-self, debhelper

On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 09:25:12PM -0800, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
> Hello all
>
> 	this is the last issue holding up my libggi debs. Upon a complete
> build, the only scary thing lintian barfs is this:
>
> W: libggi2: package-relation-with-self depends: libggi2
>
> Will this cause any problems? If so, why does debhelper generate
> dependencies in such a way that this occurs?

It's not really a problem, but it is overhead in the dependency system
:)

More than likely you have a binary in this package that uses the
library (also in this package). If so, you might want to split the
binaries (and other files that aren't the .so) into a runtime package.

OpenLDAP Core - bcollins@openldap.org                 bcollins@debian.org
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems         The Choice of the GNU Generation