Re: init script

>> "MM" == Mauro Mazzieri <mazzieri@iol.it> writes:

MM> 1) The program must be started as:
MM> # udplog <level>
MM> where level is a number. No default is read from is config file. Is

MM> 2) Non all the user would like to start the command from init. So
MM> there must a postinst script that ask the user if he wants to use
MM> or not init.  How can I put the right code, together with the code
MM> generated by dh_installinit?

Interactivity should be avoided.

Better make it like the xdm setup.

Provide a /etc/udplog.conf

# Start the udplog from init on system startup ?
# Possible values are
#  yes
#  no

start_from_init = yes

# Level of operation.
# Possible values are:
#  1 : foo
#  2 : bar

# Warning: This setting is only used when starting udplog from init.d

level = 1

Then you write a small perl/awk/sed whatever script (check xdm's init
script) to parse this file.

You can make a small note during postinst, that one has to edit the
conffile to disable automatic startup.

Ciao,
	Martin