Re: [HOWTO?] Splitting one upstream package into several .debs

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> Do I have to create each package seperately (ie. tar zxvf
> upstream_src.tgz, dh_make, edit, dpkg-buildpackage in each case)?    Can
> someone point me to another *simple* package that is split downstream
> like this?

Most downstream split packages seem to use the debhelper dh_movefiles
mechanism.  enlightenment is a fairly simple example of this type.

For 'hand-spun' examples, I can best point you at Manoj's rules:

http://master.debian.org/~srivasta/

'make' is a multi-binary, for example.

Jules