Re: [HOWTO?] Splitting one upstream package into several .debs

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 11:51:27AM -0800, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> I don't like the idea of creating one huge package.  I was thinking of
> splitting this into aspell.deb (which contains the binaries),
> aspell-dev.deb (containing the libs and include files) and aspell-doc
> (containing the .tex, .dvi, .txt and .html documentation).

Please, incude at least minimum docs in aspell.deb. The supplementary
docs should go to -doc.

> So here is the question -
>
> Do I have to create each package seperately (ie. tar zxvf
> upstream_src.tgz, dh_make, edit, dpkg-buildpackage in each case)?

Nope.

> Can someone point me to another *simple* package that is split
> downstream like this?

wxftp (at least the old versions) should be simple enough.
You can check some smaller libraries, since (almost) all
libs are split to multiple packages.