Re: Lintian: pkg-without-shlibs-has-shlibs-control-file

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 06:05:22PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> On 30-Nov-99 Ben Darnell wrote:
> > I am adopting wxgtk2.1 from Brian Bassett and bring it up to the latest
> > upstream version.  Lintian reports:
> > E: wxgtk2.1: pkg-without-shlibs-has-shlibs-control-file
> > but the package does indeed contain a shared library
> > (/usr/lib/libwx_gtk-2.1.so.11.0.0).  Why isn't lintian recognizing it as
> > such?
> >
> > I've attached debian/rules for what it's worth; I'm a relatively new
> > maintainer, so I'm not sure if I got all the shlibs stuff right (some of
> > the previous packaging doesn't work with the new upstream version).
> >

> try making sure that shlibdeps only runs on wxgtk, not the -dev package.

Don't you mean dh_makeshlibs?  I'm already doing this.  I changed
debian/rules to not run dh_shlibdeps on the -dev package, but it didn't
fix it.  Also, I made a mistake in my previous report - the
pkg-without-shlibs-has-shlibs-control-file error occurs in both the
wxgtk2.1 and wxgtk2.1-dev packages.  The main packages has a .so file;
-dev just has symlinks to them.

> thanks for doing this, I have not had the time to take it from Brian.
>
> p.s. are you also doing wxpython?

Yes; I'm doing wxgtk2.1, wxgtk2.1-dev, and python-wxwin.

-Ben

--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel@unity.ncsu.edu
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bgdarnel/thoughtstream/