Re: r-pdl vs. pdl (was Re: Semi-retiring: All (ok, some) packages must go!)

*Raul Miller wrote:
> PDL currently contains R.  If you want to get r-pdl out before
> the freeze, that's excellent.  I'll want to pull R from pdl before
> the freeze if you do that.

  This fixes the problem.  The documentation has an error in it.

use PDL;
use PDL::R;

I omitted the line 'use PDL;' in the documentation.  I don't know how many
people use PDL::R.  I do; but I can always install the old r-pdl package for
myself.  I got mail from someone who at least  tried it.  You may ask on the
pdl list if people object to your removing R support.

  Man, I really wish I had time to deal with this properly!  Thanks for
taking over.  When I finish this damn dissertation, I'll do more software stuff.

(Please cc me, I don't read the lists very often)

       John

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org