naming for mon-related packages

The mon program is a system for monitoring hosts and services and the
like, and letting you know when one of hem has a problem.  The daemon runs
tests as separate programs.  Up until now all the external programs have
been written in Perl or sh, so the whole package has been architecture
all.

A new upstream version has a monitor program written in C, so it needs
to be split into a new package.  It's easy to imagine that this will be
happening more in the future, and that somebody might want to package
3rd party monitor programs.

mon also uses external programs as clients and for sending alerts.
There are already 3rd party client programs which exist, and more are
coming.

How do you think such packages should be named?  I'm thinking I should
use mon-monitor-* for monitors, mon-client-* for clients, and mon-alert-*
for alerting programs.  The initial monitor is for RPC services, so I'd
call it mon-monitor-rpc.

Does anybody think this will be a problem?  In particular, are the names
too long?

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick@argon.org