e2compr packages up for sponsorship

Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> écrit:

> I have more sponsor than future maintainers

In that case, I'll delay no longer.

e2compr is a project to add transparent de/compression to the ext2
filesystem.  When you do `chattr +c my-regfile', you indicate that
my-regfile should be stored in compressed format.  If you do `chattr
+c my-dir', regular files & directories you later create in my-dir
will inherit that +c flag for themselves.

e2compr home page: http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/

Most of the packages up for sponsorship have been around for some time
(~a year) distributed from the e2compr web pages.  I haven't received
any bug reports for the Debian packages yet, which suggests that they
should have relatively low maintenance requirements.

Note that the e2compr kernel patch is not currently a Debian package.
However, I believe they can all be built and run even without the
kernel patch applied.  (If not, that is a bug I'll address.)

Here's the list of packages up for sponsorship.

e2fsprogs-e2c

 Version of e2fsprogs modified to support e2compr.  Uses a diversion
 on the standard `e2fsprogs' package, as discussed on debian-devel
 last year.

 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/e2fsprogs-e2c-1.14.6.tar.gz
 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/e2fsprogs-e2c_1.14.6-1.diff.gz

defrag-e2c

 Version of the `defrag' package modified to support e2compr.
 Diverts e2defrag and e2dump from the `defrag' package.

 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/defrag-e2c-0.73.1-1.1.tar.gz

find-e2c

 Version of `find' that adds support for testing for and displaying
 ext2 file attributes (`-attr' test and some extra printf directives).

 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/findutils-e2c-4.1.2.orig.tar.gz
 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/findutils-e2c_4.1.2-28.1.diff.gz

e2c-ancil

 Miscellaneous small utilities specific to e2compr.

 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/e2c-ancil_0.4.0.orig.tar.gz
 http://opensource.captech.com/e2compr/ftp/e2c-ancil_0.4.0-1.diff.gz

pjm.