Re: upstream author == debian maintainer

Le Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 09:32:08PM +0200, Radovan Garabik écrivait:
> 1) I am the author of program I am packaging. To save myself
> some work, I have packaged it as a native debian package. Is this
> allowed? (There was some discussion about it a long time ago,
> and it seemed possible to do so)

Yes, it's possible of course.

> 2) Since debian/changelog and CHANGES are the same (obviously), I
> could symlink one file to another. Which way it is better?
> CHANGES -> debian/changelog or debian/changelog -> CHANGES ?

I would say CHANGES -> 	debian/changelog. This way you're sure to be able
to use "dch" without problems.

> 3) I am using debhelper. When it is updated to FHS, will it automatically
> move document and manpages to /usr/share? (I think so... just asking to be
> sure)

If you're using dh_installdocs for installing docs and dh_installmanpages for
installing man pages, yes.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/